Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lions, Tigers and Cows, Oh My!

At what age do we lose our sense of wonder and imagination and begin thinking realistically? Is it a moment in time? Is it a gradual decline? I'd like to bottle up Emery's imagination so she always has it. I pray she'll be a creative thinker and think outside the box all her life.

Today while swinging outside in the blue swing, Emery and I had this conversation:

"Momma, next time Gus goes to the farm,  can we get a lion and a cow?" (No, she doesn't understand that Gus only goes to the farm once in a lifetime or remember that the "farm" ended up being Mimi & Poppy's house!)

"Did you just say a lion and a cow?"

Laughing at me, she goes, "Yes, Momma. (Emphasize the sarcastic yes here) A lion and a cow."

"What would we do with a lion and a cow here?"

"Play with them."

"You don't think the lion will jump out of the yard and chase things like Gus did?"

"No, Momma. You can train it."

"Me? What about you. Don't you think it will eat me?"

"No, the lion is nice, Mom. We'll tell it not to eat us."

"What is the lion going to say to us?"

(I imagine a ROAR coming here)

"Hi Emery. I want to play with your frogs."

"What?! What frogs?"

"The froggies in my room, silly Mommy. I have a pink one and a big green one. The lion can play with my two frogs."

"Well, what about the cow then?"

"We will play with the cow."

"What will we play?"

"The cow will dress up and do ballet with me. (prounounced bal-le-lay)"

"Awesome. I'd love to see that."

"Awesome. I knew you'd say yes, Mom."

So, if anyone knows of a good cow or lion, we're in the market. :)

In other Schlabach news, Bubba is almost crawling!! This blows our mind as Emery barely crawled and instead, started walking at 10 months. We have some serious baby-proofing to do in the next week or two, as well as some serious knee pads to invest in for him! In his attempts to crawl, he made it backwards underneath the furniture instead.

"Mom, really? You're taking a picture and not rescuing me?"

Eating is more fun if you can do it yourself and dump your bananas down the back of your head

Here's a video (mostly for die-hard Schlabach family fans and grandparents) -- as it is nearly 6 minutes of us capturing a near crawl and laughing at Cohen. Those who stick it out, enjoy!


Over and out --

No comments: