Sunday, May 20, 2012

Daddy's Girl

Emery has already learned if you're interested in doing something a little crazy and always a lot of fun, you get Daddy to play. Daddy is the super silly one, the one that makes all the silly faces, the one who throws her up in the air, the one that comes up with weird games in the backyard. I'm OK with that.

We all know I am the serious one in the relationship and Drew, well, he's the goofball. That's what make us work so well. I can handle being the one she runs to for cuddles, kisses, to read books and hold her. That's what Mommas are for. Daddies are the fun ones.

Many of you probably saw the picture I posted of Drew and Emery yesterday morning when I finally rolled out of bed. (Drew graciously let me sleep in after a rough night with growing-starving Cohen).

Since Emery doesn't get to see Drew a whole lot during the week with his work schedule and her bedtime -- she takes full advantage of the weekends! They spent the morning dressing up, making breakfast, reading books and watching Dora.

I went to a women's conference type thing at church after this photo was taken and left the babies with Drew to take to story time and to drop off all our overdue books!

By some miracle, Drew survived the hour-long adventure without the diaper bag that he had packed and left in the kitchen. If anyone knows Cohen, this is no small feat. We go through blowouts, projectile vomiting and drool like crazy with this kid! Not to mention he decides he's hungry at the most inopportune times!


Here's a video clip of Emery serenading Drew and Cohen on her 'butair" with the zippy tune of In the Jungle. I think she was born with a song in her heart. This girl makes up music about anything and everything and 90 percent of the time when she's talking to you, it's through a song she's made up.

Later yesterday afternoon, after the house was cleaned and the yard was mown, we ventured outside for some swinging action in the blue swing. This was the swing conversation I got to experience with these two:

"Daddy, take off your shoes like me."

"No, I think I'm just gonna leave mine on."

"Daddy, that is the opposite of what I just told you!"

"Did you really say that? Do you know what opposites are?"

(We do have a small opposites book, we just didn't know she picked up on it this way)

"I think so, Dadda."

"What's the opposite of tall?"

"Tall and .... short"

"What's the opposite of top?"

"Top and.... bottom"

"What's the opposite of up?"

"Up and...down"

"What's the opposite of open?"

"Open and ....closed"

"What's the opposite of full?"

"Full and.... empty. I have one Daddy. What's the opposite of star?"

"Uhhh... I don't know Emery, what is it?"

"Um, I think it is sunshine!"

"What's the opposite of black?"

"Black and..................................PINK!"

Well, she almost knows them all. She definitely scores points for being a fashionista with black and pink!

This conversation she had with Daddy explains why we changed her bedtime song and nickname from Munchkin to: "Bum, Bum, Bum.... I love you, Good ni-ii--ght, Smartypants!"

Thank goodness I have been blessed with such a wonderful Daddy to my babies.


1 comment:

Jen said...

:) hehe, that video was cute and you have a wonderful family. If you ever get tired of Drew...I know this girl that is CRAZY about him! haha