Friday, May 18, 2012

The terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day

Yesterday was one of those terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days at our house. And yes, I'm whining about it.

It started off when my two children, who went to bed late the night before AND both woke up multiple times during the night, woke up on the wrong side of the bed. They were grouches, with a capital G.

We already had a busy morning planned with Cohen's six-month pictures and Emery's school-wide picnic at the park. There was no room for grouches, late mornings or morning fights in our carefully crafted schedule.

Problem 1: Cohen, although super tired, did not fall asleep for his first early morning nap. This meant that he fell asleep on the way to take pictures and had to be woken up when we arrived. What did this also affect? His smile. He was super sleepy the first part of the picture and mad the rest.

Problem 2: Emery forgot where her ears where and subsequently how they work. This made everything about today 100 times more difficult, including trying to take pictures of Cohen while having to chase down Emery.... hence the baby that hit his head on the bricks since I couldn't catch him while disciplining the wild child.... and the photo session that ended short. :(

This pretty much sums up the attitude most of the day
Although I threatened her that I would cancel our trip to the picnic, I already had the lunch packed and didn't want to go through that battle. At least she had a great time with her friends and playing one last time with Ms. Holly & Ms. Barbara (pronounced by Emery as Ms. Farmer)

Ms. Barbara & Emery

Ms. Holly & Emery
 Problem 3: Our kitchen sink became stopped up Wednesday morning. Thinking it was an easy fix, I waited for Drew to get home to fix it, which didn't happen until Thursday night. With no success. So I now had no clean dishes, disgusting dirty dishes EVERYWHERE and no way to use my sink. I finally found a plumber with a working number yesterday and they showed up at 4:30 and left me an awesome $350 bill. At least I can wash dishes now!


Managed chaos. All the dirty dishes confined to the kitchen table.


Problem 4: Cohen drank his entire afternoon bottle after his nap and then wanted more. So I carried a screaming baby to the bathroom to make a new bottle. As I turn to pour in the formula, Mr. Grabbyhands grabs the open container. Anyone want to picture where my special expensive formula we affectionately call, liquid gold, went? And then he didn't even want anymore milk.


Now for the upside:

Bonus 1: Drew has a surprise date planned for us tonight and we have a rockin' babysitter!

Bonus 2: We ate delicious gyros at the Greek Festival last night and Emery got her hair painted pink (with an improved attitude by the time daddy showed up)


Check out that sweet pink hair!


Bonus 3: I fit into my skinny jeans again! Now for my early college-years pants.... :)

Super stoked these finally fit!
Thank goodness it was Friday! Now for a great weekend...

Over and out --

1 comment:

Jen said...

Phew! What a day! Glad it had a happy ending!