Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Cause and Effect

Cause and effect. It's a simple principle parents try to teach children. If A happens then B will be the result. Take this for example at our house:

I took on the task of doing laundry yesterday since we have guests coming tonight.
At the Schlabach house, laundry is a never-ending task. I usually keep all 6 of our baskets downstairs with folded clothes in them as I wash, so I can carry up each room's laundry at once and put it away. The problem with this theory is that I am never done washing laundry before we invariably raid the baskets and carry items upstairs until alas, those same clothes are back in my dirty pile.

This is a good shot of the laundry. You can't see the two loads behind me and two loads in the washer and dryer. :)

 
I'm talking to Cohen and watching Emery play as I fold and fold and fold and fold more laundry. I think, seriously!?! How do we have this much laundry each week? Then it came to me later in the day.
 
A: Bubba decided he was hungry yesterday. I mean REALLY hungry. We are working on baby foods with him and trying to drop a bottle feeding. This little boy loves his special-Goldfish-smelling formula so much that it isn't an easy feat. Some days he eats baby food pretty good and smacks those little lips. Other days he will purse his lips or spray it back at me and laugh. Today he ate this:


Yes. Three containers of baby food. Granted...he didn't eat ALL the apples. And then he wanted part of a bottle. His little belly felt like it would burst. Instead, this happened.... twice.


Aren't those little butt rolls precious? I couldn't resist.

The effect? Mountains of laundry each week. Five changes of clothes, yesterday alone for this kid.

On the bright side, at least I have clothes to wash and a place to wash them inside and two beautiful laundry helpers like this:



Over and out --

No comments: