Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sweet Emery

I know, it's early to get this posted already. Since I lack the ability to write down what my children are doing so I'll remember in the future, I've decided to post something each day that my brain is functioning about what they did that day that I'll want to remember.

This pic is from last night, but it pretty much sums up our days. :)


Lesson 1: Underwear is optional. Princess heels are not. Yes. This truly is a common sight around here. Why she would feel high heels, which she wears ALL DAY LONG, are more important than Dora panties, is beyond me. We'll get there, Sis.

This post is actually going to extend beyond last night. I feel the need to recap my awesome morning yesterday with Emery, since the last post was all about being sick. Poo.

I got the privilege of going to Emery's Mother's Day Tea Party at preschool with her yesterday. Thankfully, we both felt better and were able to take our pink strawberry cake to the party.

I loved seeing her interact with her friends and teachers at school and she loved showing me EVERYTHING she did and knew.
"My mom is the best to me because: she is" -- that's Emery!


"This is my friend, Elizabeth. This is my friend Michael."

"Mom, do you want to see me slide? Do you want to see me climb the ladder? Look, I'm on this step. Look, Mom, I'm on this step now."

"Mom, look here is the grass I sit in."

Emery with her picture she made and the now defunct tulip


It was priceless. I got to watch her in Circle Time (story/singing time), Music Time (instruments and songs with the Music teacher), eat our snacks, read her paper about me and she gave me a beautiful hand-printed bouquet of flowers picture she made and a pink tulip which she swung like a lasso before giving me, so now it is dead. :)

Attentively listening during Circle Time to her favorite book

She melted my heart at bedtime by telling me, "Thanks Mom." I said, you're welcome, what did I do?

"For coming to my tea party at school. I had a lot (pronounced yacht) of fun with you today."

Now, I'm off to end the Spanish version of Elmo she's watching on Youtube at full volume and get us all dressed for our glorious 90+ day!

Over and out --

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww! And this is only one of the reasons being a mom is so great! Love you bunches!