Thursday, May 3, 2012

Firsts

First times make me so happy I wish I could come up with a never-ending list of firsts to accomplish -- and not only for myself. It's 100 times more enjoyable to watch my kids enjoy their firsts. We've had many firsts in the last day and I documented them as best as I could.

Firsts: 

1) Cohen's first time to swing in the blue swing. I actually got him on video giggling while he was swinging, but this picture of him chilling and watching Emery run around like a wild child will have to suffice.


2) Cohen's first time in the sandbox. He couldn't decide whether he wanted to steal all of Emery's sand toys or lay on his stomach and swim through the sand. He surprised me by not trying to eat it once. Not even when he face-planted several times..... sitting up by himself is still a shaky skill. :)



3) Emery's first bike ride. She FINALLY is tall enough to reach the pedals on the tricycle she's had a year. She also just learned how to pedal by herself after much practice in the basement riding between the dog crate she sits in and reads and her castle. She was so thrilled with herself at doing it by herself, that she was erratically steering into the curb, keeping Drew on his toes. I probably took 50 pictures, but limited myself to only sharing a few. Her favorite part was when we sent her down the short hill several houses down from ours so she could go "fast."

She was so excited she didn't even complain about the helmet in the hot weather
See how excited she is that she's pedaling alone?




4) Emery's first time watering the flowers alone. She loves to try to help us in the flowerbeds and gardens. She is close to learning that we don't pick all flowers just because we can, and that deadheading the flowers doesn't mean pick all the flowers off the plant, just the yucky ones.


5) First time in the pool for the summer. It was super, super hot today. Like 95+ hot by noon. So we decided to pull out the baby pool so we had something fun to do when Emery's friend Maggie came over. Emery loved the water this year -- as opposed to last year, when she complained when she was getting wet..... I think it's going to be a great year in the water.

The highlight for Emery was jumping out of the pool
Emery and her buddy Maggie

Ahh.. Firsts are so great! I'll leave you with a quote from Emery today:

Emery was "doctoring" Pooh and Percy this morning with her doctor kit. After a few minutes of checking Pooh out, she looks at me and goes, "Momma! Pooh has Jesus in his heartbeat. And I do in mines. And you do in yours, too."

I said, Really baby? Good. That's where Jesus likes to be.

"I know, Mama. I know."

Sigh. First time I see she's starting to understand Jesus lives in her heart. Pretty great day of firsts.

Over and out --

1 comment:

Jen said...

Aww, this makes me smile. Firsts are great. :)