Friday, May 18, 2012

Funny girl

Yesterday was Emery's last day of preschool for the year. I think she half gets it. She talks about meeting her new teacher next fall, but then also talks about, "Tomorrow, when I go to school, I will play with my friends and Ms. Holly and Ms. Barbara."

I think I just about have activities planned for every day during the week to keep us occupied. :)

To "celebrate" we played some fun games in the afternoon.

First on the agenda: bowling

I picked up some sweet bowling pins at our church's yard sale this week. Emery was super excited about them even though she had no idea what they are. Explaining how the game worked was a different story. Perhaps we need a heavier ball to knock them all over at once...... or perhaps it's just that she inherited her Momma's athletic ability??

Surprised look when she actually knocked over the pins
Then we went to her room to play her favorite game she invented called "Pony, Pony, Neigh."
Basically what it entails is her lining up ponies in some form or fashion and the either knocking them over, jumping over them or making them attend a picnic or party on her white blanket. Exciting stuff.

Pony, Pony, Neigh in progress

Meanwhile Bubba was eating his carrots, hence the nickname Carrotface yesterday and eating every toy we placed near him.

Carrotface
Emery has picked up that I am taking pictures of what she does all the time now that I'm trying to document their funny sayings and doings each day. Lately she'll do something then go, "Momma, go get your camera. I'm being funny. Take a picture."


"Momma, go get your camera. Percy and I are sitting on our stools with our blankets being funny."

This is what she asked me yesterday:

"Look at me, Look at me."

"What are you doing?"

"I don't know, but it's funny, right?"

Right crazy child. You are one funny girl.

Over and out --

No comments: