Sunday, May 6, 2012

Be our guest!

There's nothing better than connecting with dear friends that have known you since before you became cool to make a weekend spectacular. I mean, I like to think I've finally arrived at some sort of cool level. This weekend one of my bestest friends from high school, her husband and 4-week old baby boy, Gideon, arrived to watch Nic graduate with his masters in business management from a university in High Point. Seeing as they are from Arkansas, it was a nice coincidence for them to be coming to our area!

Emery was very excited for baby Gideon to arrive and was excited to include him in everything. She had plans to show him her room, her blankie, her blue pool, her Dora cards. When he actually arrived, she was a little more subdued but still wanted to make sure he was held, loved and kissed since he was missing out on a few days' worth of kisses from his two older sisters!

Saturday morning Sonya (Miss Sonya), baby Gideon, Cohen, Emery and I squeezed into our car to go watch and cheer for Nic (Mr. Gideon's Daddy) to graduate. I didn't get to take any pictures as I had my hands full with a cranky baby and a crazy toddler. Emery actually did really good during the graduation -- Cohen's the one who was terrified by the loud gospel singing and wanting to yell during all the quiet parts.

Cohen - 6 months, Emery - almost 3 years, Gideon - 4 weeks!

Recap of our whirlwind Saturday:
- Squeezed three carseats into one backseat (safely!)
- Hit the road before 9! for Nic's graduation
- Made it before the graduation started
- Cheered wildy when Nic walked across stage. I mean someone had to, right?! We didn't have airhorns, which I know Cohen would not have appreciated anyways, and Sonya was up front taking pictures as he walked. I know you'll be proud mom, I actually YELLED in public for something!
- Ate a delicious Lexington-style BBQ lunch before the midday nap meltdowns began
- Got three babies to sleep at once
- Caught up with Sonya on the porch swing during a thunderstorm
- Made Belgian waffles for dinner. Emery was stoked.
- Learned about earthing
- Passed out after all of us staying up way to late the night before



Sonya, since I believe you read this, thank you so much for coming to stay with us. We loved catching up with you and Nic and seeing sweet Gideon! While the 14+ hour trip to Arkansas seems daunting, sometime we will get together again so the girls can play princess together... even if we have to meet halfway! :)

No, I am not a stroke victim. This was taken at 7:15 a.m. and I literally had just woken up and attempted to make myself look awake since we forgot to take a picture yesterday! Don't judge the awkwardness of myself in the morning.

Over and out --

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm so happy that you are blogging more than every 3 months! And three babies look cute...and then there were 5? muhaha