Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Cheesecake, Cheesecake, Cheesecake

Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE to eat. Seriously. I think about what I'm eating or making or need to buy at the grocery store as soon as I wake up. Is there a correlation to my addiction to eating and my need to exercise? Hmm....

Last night we got to experience some amazing foods with some amazing friends. After several postponements, we finally got together with dear friends, the Brittains and the Trimnals for our Cheesecake Celebration. The Celebration part was in honor of both of them expecting sweet babies this fall/winter and having big moves this summer. Although the get togethers are a little bittersweet because we're celebrating one family moving into the neighborhood and one out, we wanted to celebrate the amazing opportunities ahead for both families! I don't think I mentioned this to them last night, so if you're reading this.... :)

We all probably ate enough for the rest of the week with Buffalo Chicken Dip and Spinach Dip -- Hamburgers, Potato Salad, Baked Beans and CHEESECAKE!!


If you don't know, one of my New Year's goals was to make a new cheesecake every month this year. Since our celebration was delayed, last night's cheesecake was for April and what I'll call Mocha Chocolate Cheesecake since I modified a Coffee Cheesecake to be more chocolate-y.

I realized when I added the photo that it looks super lame. Ha Ha. Trust me, it was good!

 If you are impressed by the effort, it tastes even better than it looks.

Emery had been waiting all day for her friends to arrive to play -- Myka (12-year old big sis Emery adores because she tickles her) -- Abby (Emery's best buddy) and sweet Maggie (17-month old sweetheart hanging with the big girls)

Abby couldn't take a group picture until I got her dancing some sweet moves

This picture cracks me up!

 The first thing the girls did was don their princess/fairy/ballerina dresses, high heels and crowns. It's the first thing Emery and Abby do every time they get together and the sight of Abby and Emery undressing each other as fast as they can is common now.

Silly Faces!

I hope these girls grow up to be best friends through life.

Since Bubba was largely absent from the Cheesecake festivities and dress-up party, I'll recap him by numbers:

4 - Number of diaper blowouts today
6 - Number of outfit changes
1- Number of times he pooped on the floor
2 - Number of jars of carrots he ate today
4 - Number of naps he took!!!!

Mr. PoopyPants

Favorite Emery quote of the day:

"Mom, can you wrap me up like a potato in my blanket?"

I think she means burrito?? :)

Ahh.. Good memories today. Good friends.

Over and out --

No comments: