Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Thank goodness yesterday was Mother's Day! My children were. out. of. control. And I didn't have to hardly do a thing about it. :)

For Mother's Day I had one request: I don't want to do anything regarding children/cooking/cleaning after midnight on Mother's Day.

Much to my delight, my sweet husband complied. Saturday night when we crawled into bed, I handed over the monitor that I keep an eye on at night and told Drew I was not getting out of bed to check on Cohen once. I was so excited for a night off baby duty, Drew was a little afraid I wouldn't be able to fall asleep. Trust me, I did.

I love this goofy guy.

When my children awoke at the crack of dawn, my sweet husband got out of bed, taking the kids out and shutting the door. Pure bliss. An hour later, I'm greeted by two sweet faces and a special card from Emery:

It read: Mommy You Rock Cohen.
Inside: Mommy takes the cake. I love you Mommy.

This is a card I will keep forever!

Drew kept his promise to make Mother's Day amazing and enlisted the help of my dad to help get the kids fed and ready for church, prepare and grill lunch, watch the kids all afternoon after their naps so I could take a nap. It seriously was fantastic.

My children on the other hand.....

While this is not his fault, it just prefaces how the day went with the babies. We get Cohen dressed in his cute little man button-down shirt and khakis literally 5 minutes before we walk out the door to keep it clean for his baby dedication at church. As we are saying, "Cohen pooped on this shirt last week" -- he spits up all down the front of the shirt. With no time to spare, we pat him dry and off we go.

After the first service, I pick him up from the nursery to go to the baby dedication during second service and he's wearing the lime green extra shirt I keep in the diaper bag with a dinosaur on it. I begin to tell them I need to put the shirt back on him even if he spit up on it because of the dedication, when they laugh and say -- oh, no. He pooped all the way up to his neck in it. Awesome.

So despite my best intentions and scheming how to get a clean shirt in less than 10 minutes, Drew assured me he wouldn't look tacky in front of the church in a bright green dinosaur shirt.... and up on stage we went. But not before we fed the sweet little boy. Anyone know what usually happens after Cohen eats? That's right. He projectiles everywhere. Where did we envision this happening? All over the pastor.

Luckily, we made it off the stage with only a juicy burp, yelling during the prayer and sneezing all over Pastor Beaty. Whew.

Meanwhile, Emery was talking during this time on stage, trying to jump out of Drew's arms, trying to run off stage to find Mimi.... thankfully only two other babies were dedicated at this service!

We attempted to take family pictures today after lunch as well. We got one good family picture -- and you can see the sequence of how well the pictures of the kids and I went.

One out of thirty. Whew.





Happy Mother's Day Momma! Love you.

Tantrums, blowouts, choking pictures, no listening skills -- I'd take them all over again to be these sweet babies momma. You would too if this sweet face made you chocolate chip pancakes for your feet in her sandbox. :)


Hope all the pretty mamas out there had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Over and out --

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Oh, the good old days of poop up to the neck and spit up everywhere! Glad you had a happy mother's day. Nice pictures!