Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Rainy Days

Today started off dreary and cool. OK, so perhaps the air conditioner was running all night, but nonetheless, from the forecast and mood at my house, playing outside wasn't a viable option. So what's two girls to do?

Build a fort. Not an army, hide from everyone, battle fort. A much more refined fort -- as in, reading/pony, pony, neigh fort that Bubba was allowed in if I put him in the corner by himself. (What can I say? The love isn't always there)

So I got Emery all hyped up to build a fort and then I heard this all day,

"Momma, what are we going to build?"

"Momma, what did we build again?

"Momma, what's that thing called that we built?"

So smart. It's the easy words that dupe her, just like her ..... Yep. You know who.

It wasn't exactly as suave as I imagined in my head before I put it together, but she was impressed and that's all that matters. Let's just hope no one needs to change the sheets on their bed anytime soon!

Cohen is alive. He's just face-planting into the carpet.


Bubba in the corner

We also had some new things happen today that I tried to document.

1.First time imaginary/pretend friends emerge

Emery wanted me to see how cute her "pretend friend that talks to her," Percy, looked after she dressed him in her own clothes. 


 2. Cohen held his own bottle today! Emery NEVER even attempted this as a baby.

Is that not the cutest face?
3. Cohen found a new toy.....let's hope this doesn't turn into a fetish!?!

He discovered Emery's Dora panties while I was putting away laundry and wouldn't put them down!

4. Cohen's new skill of blowing spit bubbles. He does this all the time now, especially when he eats!


And for those of you who enjoyed Emery's last song:

I heard her practicing this song during room time, but couldn't sneak back there to record it. Thankfully, she decided to sing it for me at bedtime and let Drew record it. Please don't mind the white trash person beside her. I really do get dressed and do my hair most days. :)


Did I mention the sun came out as soon as we built the fort?

Over and out --

No comments: