Friday, June 1, 2012

Oh to be young...

Tomorrow is Emery's big 3rd princess birthday party. I was hoping this post would be about her magnificent cake we made, but alas, it is not finished still. Tomorrow - will be a party extravaganza.

Instead this will be a highlight of the crazy ways my kids play. At night, the two things Emery always say are her favorite things about the day are usually variations on what she ate and what or who she played with. If I had all day to play, I'd have no idea where to start.

Here are some of my favorite pics of Emery and Cohen playing this week:

Many of you saw this picture on Facebook. Drew's parents are getting her summer dance lessons for her birthday and she's decided she is a ballerina -- hence ballet moves to do everything!

 Our friend Maggie came to play for a little bit this week and Emery loved trying to direct her to her room to play with her toys and read books. She kept telling me: Momma, carry her to my room so she can play. She won't listen. Momma, she won't hold my hand and come play. Needless to say, Emery expects full cooperation from her friends -- no matter what age.



On Thursday, Emery's best buddy Abby came over while her mom made me beautiful. These two crazies switched from dressing up like princesses to running around the backyard in only their panties!


As Emery was supervising Drew mow the front yard, she told me "Momma, hurry, get on your horse! I just lassoed Daddy so he won't run over me and my horse. Yee-haw!" And away she rode....


If Bubba is in his walker, you can usually find him either a) chasing Emery around the house in it or b) sitting at the porch door watching life go by. :)


As I made lunch today, I called Emery and told her it was ready. She informed she had to fix a few more things and she'd be in. When I came around the corner, I found this: OCD anyone?


Bubba has discovered playing with Emery's Barbies is fun too, although he didn't want to put clothes on them; he just wanted to chew on Ken's body parts. Hence our first zombie...

 Meet our second zombie. Emery came out of the bathroom trying to clean her ears. I'm not sure much was cleaned, but this is her best mad face. :)


While it was nice one afternoon, I got out my camera and for once Emery wanted me to take her picture. Cohen on the other hand....

Kisses for Bubba

She loves Bubba, although she won't always claim him! :)

Bubba being a brother and messin' with Emery. He was pulling her bow out, poking her eyes and trying to lick her!

Serious face girl
Last thing is Emery making Bubba laugh. I just can't get enough of their giggles!


Now I've gotta princess castle cake to finish before Emery's friends arrive tomorrow morning!

Over and out --


2 comments:

Jen said...

hahaha, I love the OCD with the toys!

I wanna come and have a play day with you guys! It always seems like such fun!

Unknown said...

It is fun! Come down and stay!