Thursday, June 14, 2012

Swinging the day away

If you ever stop by our house and we don't seem to be around, look in the backyard. We have a new addition to the family:

Mimi and Poppy got Emery (and Cohen in the future) this swing set for her birthday. Since we returned home to find it set up in the backyard thanks to Daddy and Uncle John, Emery has not wanted to come inside. We knew this was going to happen, I just didn't expect it to be quite so strong so early. This is what I've heard all day.

"Ok, Momma. I'm going to be playing outside if you need me."

"Momma, can I just go slide once, real quick before we get in the car?"

"Can I eat my watermelon on my swing, outside, at my house?"

"Momma, is it time to go play yet? Cohen can stay inside. He won't mind."

It has been requested by Mimi and Poppy that we send pictures back of her on the swing set. When I relayed this message to Emery, she wanted a picture on each thing. So we obliged:

Can you tell she loves to jump?

New swinging mode.

She thinks its a horse and we're riding to the neighbor's house to play.

She slides on her bottom, on her belly, backwards, forwards...any way she can!
Anyone looking for a way to wear out their child, please send them our way! Emery loves, loves, loves to be outside and this was just icing on the cake.

Next task? Teach her how to pump her legs so I don't always have to stand out there and push her. She seems to be ADD on the swing set and changes things she's playing on every two minutes!

Yes, I realize this picture is terrible. It's the only one of both of us I got on my phone...We're riding a horse to Ohio!

Over and out --

No comments: