Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Experimental Nudist

You know there's going to be an interesting parenting road ahead when you walk into a conversation like this with your three-year-old and your 8-month old:

"Cohen, look at this. This is my bottom. Want to see the cool tricks I can do with it?" - As she's sitting naked on the floor with her legs spread pointing to her delicates.

I walk in to intervene and see what "cool tricks" she has in mind.

"Emery, where are your panties? What are you doing to your bottom?"

"I took them off. I'm just showing Cohen some cool tricks I can do."

"Ok. While super fascinating, why don't you go find your panties and put them back on. We don't need to be playing with our bottoms."

"But I like to all day." (A common phrase she uses when she wants to do something)

"Watch this." As she shows me everything she's discovered on herself.

I sent an SOS text to Drew that we have fun times ahead and an early bloomer.

Meanwhile, my naked child is running around my house holding her bottom and laughing about the word panties. (Isn't she too young to think that word is funny?)

I catch up to her sitting on her little people chairs lined up on our fireplace that her Daddy and her created to be a train.

My naked girly girl

"Hey naked girly girl, come sit on the train with me," she yells to me.

"Naked girly girl? Who are you talking to? Mommy is wearing all her clothes."

"I know. But Momma, you should totally take off all your clothes like me and sit on my train, naked girly girl."

Oh dear. I totally have a teenager on my hands a decade too soon. I'm not ready for this yet. Next she'll be asking for the car keys and sneaking lipstick. Oh wait. She already steals lipstick and uses it dually as blush and beautiful lips.

At least she is an extreme child and goes from running around naked to this:




Gotta love my crazy girl.

On to Bubba, isn't he growing up so fast??


Trying out new foods like mashed raspberries!

Over and out ---

No comments: